Summer Travel – 5 things to check before you hit the road.
Whether you’re heading to the Okanagan for fresh peaches this summer or catching some waves on Long beach, here are some tips:
- Schedule a checkup. Perform basic maintenance on your vehicle before you head out such as checking wipers and fluid levels. Also, schedule any necessary service such as oil changes or tune ups.
- Read the rubber. Inspect your tires for any tears or bulges in the side wall. The tires should have a good amount of tread left.
- Track it. A portable GPS navigation system will help you get where you’re going, making it easy to find gas stations or restaurants along the way.
- Kid prep. If you’re driving with kids, make sure you pack enough snacks, water, games, videos, and music to keep them comfortable and occupied during your journey.
- Be prepared. Bring supplies in the event of an accident or medical issue. Stock your car with an emergency kit—especially a flashlight, blanket, first-aid kit, and some basic tools. Also, bring water and extra snacks, just in case.
.Above all, stay safe by following the rules of the road so you can bring back all those happy summer memories –and some peaches too.