If anyone’s injured, call 911.
Move the vehicles off the road if it’s safe to do so.
Avoid discussing who’s at fault for the crash.
Record the following for all the vehicles and drivers involved in the crash:
• driver’s name, driver’s licence no., province/state and contact info
• licence plate and year, make and model of vehicle
• insurance details if the vehicle isn’t from B.C.
(You may also need to provide this information to the police).
See if there were any witnesses. Record their names and contact info.
Describe the crash scene (if possible take photos):
• What was the time, date and weather conditions?
• What was the location?
• What direction were you both traveling?
• Where was your vehicle and what lane were you using?
• Where was the other vehicle?
You can always stop by BD Autobody & Glass and pick up a free point-by-point Accident Report Card to keep in your glove box –just in case.