August is peak travel month and as more Canadians take to the roads, the greater the potential for a car accident, be it a minor fender-bender or something more major.
In the wake of a collision it’s important to know which steps to take:
- Stay calm, keep yourself and others safe. If you can’t get out of your car, turn on your hazard lights.
- If anyone is injured, call 911.
- Look at the accident scene and make sure that you are not in danger of being hit by another vehicle.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved. Get their names, addresses, phone numbers, licence information, insurance company name and policy number.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses who are at the scene.
- Take photographs of the accident, including the damage to the car and road conditions.
- Call your insurance company right away.
No one plans on having an accident, however you can plan on getting expert advice and professional repair service at B & D Auto and Glass Ltd by calling 604-255-6383.